Hello Visitor!

If you have any questions, need more details on something or want to give me any feedback, please, leave a comment!

05 February 2016

Recovering

Hi friends!


This blog was used to report my travels around the world when I was younger. I'll translate the older posts someday...



It hasn't been updated since 2008!! It`s not that I didn`t travel... It`s just that I was always so involved in the travels  "per se" that I wouldn`t remember to write...



But this is changing! I`m currently in the US and I have some posts ready (I just need to translate it...)



I decided that I would write in english from now on, so the blog is more accessible!



Para meus amigos brasileiros, sei que vocês não terão problemas com o inglês, mas se quiserem alguma informação adicional em português, me avisem! Vou tentar fazer um resumo pontual em português no fim dos posts para ajudar....



Just so the last 7 years don't be forgotten, here is a short summary of where I've been!



2010

     May - I started travelling because of my job! I went to Buenos Aires. It was a different trip, since I spent my days in the office... But on the late afternoon I walked around my hotel, ate a "tostado" (my favorite! Their bread is bigger but thinnerm it`s great!! I reccomend! Any coffee shop serves them). And at night I would have dinner on more expensive restaurants. The main thing in Argentina is the meat, it is divine!!


  September - my vacation on this year was used to move out from my parents house! The money as well... =(



2011

    March - I had a terrible break up with the boyfriend of the time, it was "Carnaval", the tipical partying brazilian holiday (that I don`t like very much) and I had gotten some extra cash. Therefore, I found the perfect solution: PARIS!!!! Yes, I jumped on a plane to stay 15 days in Paris! I ended up going to London as well for a couple of days.
               Paris: I stayed in a large hostel, but met some brazilians in a pub crawl. Normally I try to meet people from other parts of the world, but these people were very nice. They lived in Paris, so on the next days I got to do things that normal parisians do (go to some bars and streets and parks not so "main stream". I`m still in love with the street crepes... I also got to go for the first time to  my favorite museum (until today!!): L`orangerie! It has a LOT of Monet paintings (one of my favorites), you can google it for more details... What I want to tell you is the room with 2 huge paintings! It`s an oval room, with two 2x9 (approx, my guess) paintings of his garden. You feel like you are there. I love it....
               London: I got the train tickets for free! So, I got on the train and stayed in a Hostel in Greenwich. It was a great opportunity to know a different part of the city. I went back to someplaces I liked from last time and some new places. I still LIKE London, but I don`t LOVE it. It`s too similar to Curitiba I guess... Always clowdy, messy... The greenwich park is beautifull, and the neighborhood as well. I recommend if you have some extra time wile visiting London.
     Setember - I went back to Buenos Aires because of my job, I found out about Falabella, the giant clothes store! Great prices, I reccomend! The rest of the time was split between a lot of work and a few steaks...
     October - Cancun!! Yes, this was an year with 2 vacations! Thanks to GroupOn! I found online a groupon to Cancun, including airplane tickets and hotel all inclusive (8 nights, 7 days, all food and drinks all day long included)! Of coooourse I couldn`t go to a place like this by myself, and since I was still single, I invited a couple of friends! We ended up going in 4 girls and had a lot of fun!! The hotel was Oasis Cancun, great hotel, huge swimming pools, great food and service, everything perfect! I recommend the day-trip travels many agents offer around Cancun. We took some from the hotel. They are not cheap (back in 2011 it was an average of 80/90USD per day), but worth it! You have to go to the pyramids, it`s amazing what they could do and the energy of the place! And you have to take the boat trip to Isla Mujeres. I`m not bossy like this always, it`s just that these are "must visit" places! Unfortunatelly, it was cheap because it was hurricane/tornado season... And we`re "lucky" enought that one came.. So for 3 days everything was closed, on the day the tornado was expected the clubs and bards couldn`t even sell alcohoolic drinks, we had to move rooms for a more safe building in the hotel, the windows were covered with boards, pretty scary... But fortunatelly, it dispersed on the coast and nothing bad happened. The sea lost a little it`s transparecy, but the pool was kept nice! =)


2012 up to 2014 will come in the next post!



Safe travels! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment