Hello Visitor!

If you have any questions, need more details on something or want to give me any feedback, please, leave a comment!

15 February 2016

USA

Hi friends!

I told you 2014 was a busy year... besides all described on the last post, in October I went with my boyfriend (now husband) with a couple of friends to the US!

Our plane landed in Newark, we got a car and went straight to Philly on the first day. Actually, since we knew we were going to be tired and not absorb anything more "cultural" we went to a Outlet, yes, we went shopping! So by the end of the first day, half of the trunk of our mini-van was already full!!

We visited Philadelphia (BEST cookie in the WORLD on the Reading Market), saw the Liberty Bell (the small line was worth it) and the city hall. Nice sight seeing. From there we went to Annapolis and Washington DC, where we stayed for 3 days. Washington is great, all the main museums are free, the National Mall with the monuments are very nice and driving a bike feels safe! I recommend more days in DC, there`s just soooo much to see!

On the last day we went to the Boing Aviation Hangar (close to the Dulles Airport). It is a huge hangar with all sorts of planes. Even for me (I`m not that into planes), it was very nice! We also visited Baltimore (around one hour from DC), with it`s bay side and old ships and submarine. It`s very nice. We didn`t get to see the Baltimore Aquarium, but I`ve read that it is very nice.

Next day we spent the day on the Six Flags adventure park!! It was lots of fun!!! I loooove roller coast! From there, we went to Hershey City, yes, the city of the chocolate factory! We got to visit the "factory" (is re-made to the visitors) and with a trolley we went around the city and learn about the history of Mr. Milton Hershey. He was a visionary and also a philanthropic, until now, the company has a structure to take care and educate orphans.

Close by you can find Allentown, the home of the Mack Trucks, we also went there to visit its museum. It`s small, but nice. From there we drove an entire day until Rhode Island/Newport and later we went to Cape Cod/Hyannis/Sandwich.

From Boston me and my boyfriend rented another car and went to Vermont. We wanted to enjoy autumn and see the trees with its leaves changing colors. It was as beautiful as we imagined. I recommend!!!

Then we went back to NYC, were we met our friends again and stayed another 3 days before going home.

Since the US has a LOT of information online, I`m not going into more details at this time. I have some spreadsheets and a detailed summary on word. If you would like to learn more, just ask and I`ll give you more info! =)

Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment